Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Prodigal Daughter

Today is Sunday! I love Sundays. I love going to church and then having a lazy afternoon...also today The Amazing Race started a new season. I was really looking forward to some time with my husband before he started his night shifts. (Especially since he took an overtime shift last night - V Day!)

Church was great. It's a new community for us so each time we go we are meeting new people and understanding the culture more and more. We really appreciate the pastor's teaching and our daughter Grace LOVES Sunday School.

Grace fell asleep just as we entered the church parking lot. Needless to say she was very cranky when we woke her only moments later. So daddy let her play in his pocket where she pulled out a loonie and put it in her pocket. She loves her coins. She likes to put them in wallets, place then inbetween the dvd player and satelite box (why? I don't know) and occasionally her piggy bank.

In Sunday school the teacher was telling the story of the Prodigal Son. She said "and the son took his daddy's money" hearing this resonated with my little girl. She stood up in the class and pulled out her loonie saying "I have my daddy's money". She is so sweet. I am glad she was listening to the story. Although she didn't return the money to her dad.

I think about how she truly is my prodigal daughter at times. After church today she'd run away from us, in search for the refreshment table, we could see her look to see if we were watching her and then when she felt comfortable she'd reach out and grab a cookie. We even lost her for a minute as she ran to another table across the room looking for more cookies.

Anyhow, here I sit by myself. My husband got yet another overtime shift. It's great for the bank account but we really missed him tonight.

1 comment:

  1. lol "i have my daddy's money". cute.

    we were just saying yesterday how we want to find some time (maybe not till NEXT summer?)...but find some time to come out there and visit and camp and play. we miss you.

    ReplyDelete