Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Year Ago

Last year at this time I was in my cozy bed cuddling my newborn baby. My toddler and daddy beside us, or playing in the other room, I can't remember exactly, but they were near. What a special day to remember, to celebrate, Joy's first birthday. We love you Joy who brings such delight to this family. This past year we have shared every night's sleep, many hours nursing, watching you take first steps, say first words, taste food for the first time, first smiles, first laughs, many many firsts. What an amazing year, we look forward to many more. But this present moment, is what really matters. Sitting around our family room, fire is burning, girls are all cleaned up and enjoying some playtime before bed. Daddy playing along side. This is life. This is good! God is good. I am full.

1 comment: