Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Consumption

Lately I've had a few purchases to make. It was a tough decision for me. So tough it took up considerable time locating, comparing prices and then in the end I made returns and other purchaes and more returns. Anyhow, the sega reminded me about my previous thoughts on consumerism and consumption.

Ok, at first I thought I would stop all consumption for 1 week, but I am going to have to work my way up to that. This week I am going to try the following:
-no purchasing goods
-limit email/tv/dvd ...all electronic entertainment
-no eating out/coffee purchases (except for Friday as I have plans already!)
-no browsing in stores or on websites

I hope this will be fun. My plan is to choose alternate activities that are more life giving. To experience life and the loves around me and not allow "things" to take up my time, energy, thoughts, or resources. Join me if you like!

1 comment:

  1. let me know how it goes. I like the idea of replacing it with something life giving!

    ReplyDelete