Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 1

Right now I am reading "Jesus for President" I came across this quote (which thanks to Claire I had read before) it is true for me:

Plenty of wealthy Christians are suffocating from the weight of the American dream, heavily burdened by the lifeless toil and consumption we embrace.

Often I feel this suffocation. I feel anxiety about purchasing various items for my home or body or children. I wonder if there will be enough money in the future for my family and to have the life we want...or I think I want. Thankfully this worldview is being changed all the time for me.

Day 1 was good since I stayed at home due to sick kids. But that did mean watching a little more tv and more computer time as there's only so much stimulation I can provide for 2 sick kids and one tired mommy. I tried a life giving list today. I really liked it. Usually I make lists of things that need to be accomplished during the day (particularly the important stuff as my mind is not all that reliable these days). However, yesterday I thought about the stuff on my list. These things aren't really that important to me. Yah I get that the bills need to be paid etc. But more importantly I want to love my kids and spend time with them. Honour Jesus. Honour my husband. Honour myself. So I did just that!

Here's my list for yesterday:
make a congratulatory cake for my husband with Grace,
make a congrats banner,
take a relaxing sauna.

YAY I completed my list by 2pm!!!

Today on my list:
take a walk outside,
have a nap!,
play playdough or alternate messy activity of Grace's choosing...and maybe some more reading from Jesus for President.

What's on your 'to do' list today? Does it reflect what is truly important?

2 comments:

  1. Tammy, thanks, I am going to re-do my list today to make it God's list instead of my own :) Your list sounds great! Have a good day.
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! So awesome Tammy. thanks.

    ReplyDelete