Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Remain In Me

Making my home in Jesus - I have been contemplating these two passages today. A topic that has been on my heart is 'living life to the fullest'. I believe this is the first step. Remaining in Jesus. Here's another connection to gratitude, because daily we need to focus on the gift of Jesus in our lives. Go to the 'table' eat the bread and drink the wine and remember and thank the one who saves us.

56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. 57Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever." John 6

7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. John 15

Being Kind to Myself - I've been on a refined sugar, and now dairy fast. It's amazing what this does to one's emotional state and thinking. But I am thankful, because now on day 6, my mind seems much clearer. My emotions are more intact. I feel much more balanced. Part of being kind to myself means being kind to my body. As much as sugar and treats seem like a good idea to love myself, that's the furtheset thing from the truth. To treat myself I bought some sugar and dairy free carob chocolate with almonds, can't wait to try it tonight with my real sweetie!

I am focused on being kind to my kids this week since they are both sick with coughs. Nurturing and loving them, I am so thankful to be a stay at home mom who can make their health a priority over the next week. Giving them some much needed 'mommy' time while they are ill. Grace keeps saying "mommy I want you close to me" so sweet. Eventhough, after a few days it's starting to drive me a little crazy. However I did manage to leave her be for a bit to blog today, those breaks are refreshing and bring me back ready to give more. More being kind to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment