Sunday, February 28, 2010

Evoke!

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" ...

13 And though a tenth remains in the land,
it will again be laid waste.
But as the terebinth and oak
leave stumps when they are cut down,
so the holy seed will be the stump in the land." Isaiah 6

God's been putting some pieces together. I believe he's been 'evoking' in me a change of mind, a change of heart. It started with feelings of discontent and doubt. Then moved onto a 'knowing' that plans were in the works, big plans.

While I was visiting my church family in BC the service theme was the verse above. This verse means a lot to me. It's been present at pivotal points in my faith journey. It was present as a send off for our first mission trip, at our wedding, at both my coming and goings in my church work, and now... I anticipated the next move! Yes Lord, SEND ME! But where, with 2 kids!

This past Sunday at church this verse revisited me. Although my pastor spoke about being sent yes, but where, right here. This is when it dawned on me. I have the most important calling of my life right now. Two precious children, and the community in which I live. HERE I AM. I AM SENT. I AM HERE LORD, USE ME. And yes this is indeed an exciting place to be! Our church is starting a Bible school - called, Evoke. Pastor spoke about 'evoke' and how the word of God evokes us to live lives for God. I am excited about being part of a great change in the world scene too, I can do this right here, where I am. I don't need a 'job', or go back to school, I am doing important work right here, right now. I am raising two precious children, who will one day be confident, loving, kind, women, contributing to society, knowing love and sharing love in amazing ways.

I do know I'll need to be reminded of this calling. As a way to do that, I plan to start another blog journeying the simple, important life of a mom, who cooks, cleans, works on piles of laundry, who creates healthy meals, and a loving and stimulating environment for my girls. Also, I am a wife to an incredible man who daily contributes to society, saving lives, and homes, and he needs my tender support. Being kind to myself, and contributing to both my community and the world one moment at a time. I might still write my more deep thoughts here. Most likely I'll only allow access to those who wish to read my deeper heart. I'm hoping with 'Here I Am' I can connect with other like minded moms in the day to day calling. To encourage. To support. To share ideas. If you'd like to join me, I'd love to link you to my page. My email is tammy77@live.ca.

I feel like a stump. I pray the seed in me will grow, and grow, and be a place for others to gather and enjoy God's graces. May it be in me, also in my church community, and the global Church, as we become a place for all nations to see God's love. For we are all called, and sent!

These little faces are constant reminders of how precious our job as M-O-M is!

No comments:

Post a Comment